Analysis 2.5.2 - something is wrong with the C code

Hello,

I downloaded the Analysis 2.5.2 and decompressed the file as instructed, but when I run the program some errors occur (output below). I can barely use the program as I cannot open the spectra or save the project. I have deleted everything and repeated the process. I cannot find the solution to the error `something is wrong with the C code` on my own. I use Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

The output when starting the program:

Model read finished. Duration 0.30252289772 
Model validity check skipped
Error, the Analysis module will not work, something is wrong with the C code.
Exception: libglut.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Will continue without Analysis C functionality
Error, the ViewStructureFrame module will not work, something is wrong with the C code.
Exception: libglut.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Will continue without Analysis structure viewing functionality
Error, the ViewChemCompVar module will not work, something is wrong with the C code.
Will continue without viewing functionality
Error, the WindowFrame module will not work, something is wrong with the C code.
Will continue without Analysis window drawing functionality
CcpNmr Analysis Version 2.5. Release 2 (Copyright 2003-2020 CCPN)
Distribution created Wed Jun 17 09:00:00 2020

I would appreciate your help.
Best,
Iza

Hi Iza,

looks like your installation of Ubuntu is missing a library required by Analysis. Try

sudo apt install freeglut3

That should hopefully install the relevant library for you and then things should work.

Best wishes,
Vicky

It works!
Thank you for your help and quick reply.

Best,
Iza