Analysis V3 user experiences with different Linux distros

CCPN recommended to use CentOS7 for Analysis V3 (probably Red Hat Enterprise is also ok). Some times you want use something else than CentOS7 and I think we could gather here some user experiences on other Linux distros here. So, if you had tried Analysis V3 with another flavours of Linux, please let us know how it went.

I have tried Analysis V3 on VirtualBox (+ VirtualBox Extension pack) with Ubuntu 19.04 and it worked just fine. I didn`t encounter any errors when I tried basic backbone assignment tutorial.

Hi everyone!

I tried to use V3 on Ubuntu but the following error appears: 

QT error: 1
QT error: <PyQt5.QtCore.QMessageLogContext object at 0x7f3537904f28>
QT error: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
QT error: 3
QT error: <PyQt5.QtCore.QMessageLogContext object at 0x7f3537904f28>
QT error: Could not initialize GLX
/usr/software/CcpNmr-AnalysisAssign/bin/assign: line 19: 471421 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${ANACONDA3}/bin/python -W ignore::DeprecationWarning ${ASSIGN} $*

Is it something that can be fixed?

Best,
Panagiota

This looks like you don`t have X11 and the associated OpenGL drivers installed.
A quick check is to try to run glxgears or xeyes from a terminal.
If they don`t run then I think you need to install xorg, possibly try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xorg

(09-25-2019, 10:16 am)Many Thanks! It works! Wrote: This looks like you don`t have X11 and the associated OpenGL drivers installed.
A quick check is to try to run glxgears or xeyes from a terminal.
If they don`t run then I think you need to install xorg, possibly try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xorg

(07-16-2019, 03:23 pm)MikaelK Wrote: CCPN recommended to use CentOS7 for Analysis V3 (probably Red Hat Enterprise is also ok). Some times you want use something else than CentOS7 and I think we could gather here some user experiences on other Linux distros here. So, if you had tried Analysis V3 with another flavours of Linux, please let us know how it went.

I have tried Analysis V3 on VirtualBox (+ VirtualBox Extension pack) with Ubuntu 19.04 and it worked just fine. I didn`t encounter any errors when I tried basic backbone assignment tutorial.

Hi, I have quickly tried it on Linux Mint 20 Ulyana (base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal) and it seemed to work. I have loaded several 1D and 2D spectra and tried manual peak picking. No error messages so far. :)

Hi,
I have recently tried it on Fedora 34 using the CentOS version and it works just fine with a few tweaks. I had to delete all symbolic links in the miniconda/lib directory of CCPN regarding libstdc++.so.6 and instead used a link to the most recent version under /usr/local. So far I did not encounter any errors or incompatibilities.

Hi All
I just joined this fantastic resource. In case this reassures others like me using Fedora 34 distro, I followed the exact steps suggested by AkleinDO and I am able to display my spectrum now (thank you !). Previously, the display area was blank.
My current version is : 5.16.11-100.fc34.x86_64. In my case, the libstdc++ are in /usr/lib rather than /usr/local/lib.
Just to clarify, I linked to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6, which itself is a soft link to the latest version of the library. This should preserve the link even after a distro upgrade.

Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 21.10, and it works fine after following @AkleinDO’s instructions. You just need to redirect the symlinks towards libstdc++.so.6 of your distro