import peak list (2)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how to import a peak list e.g. from sparky?

Thank you in advance,

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

You can try opening new project in V3 and dropping the whole Sparky project onto the Drop Area, from there you can export the peak list to NEF file and then import it to other V3 project. It is a bit convoluted way. When exporting you need to select the chain and chemical shift (mandatory in NEF).

Let me know if you have any questions.
Eliza

Hi Nicola,

rather than opening a full Sparky project in CCPN, you can also just open a .save file (e.g. drag and drop it into V3). This will then just add that spectrum and its peak list to your current V3 project.
However, I think there is still a bug which means that not all 3D peak lists will be read in correctly - it depends how the three dimensions are mapped (i.e. in what order they are listed in the Sparky peak list file). We did look into this at one point, but not sure if we came up with a solution or not. Let me know if this is still a problem and we can look into it again.

Best wishes,

Vicky

Thank you both for your replies. These methods could work but is there a way of importing directly a peak list, without using a NEF file? it does not have to be a sparky list, any format would do.
I have to admit that sometimes I miss the old FormatConverter...

Hi Nicola,

I`m afraid the only imports that will work in V3 are:
CcpNmrAnalysis V2
Sparky (.save and .proj)
NmrStar
NEF
I understand that you miss the Format Converter, but with other programmes now increasingly implementing NEF (see https://youtu.be/sDeHKrcV8MA from 20:20 onwards), it simply isn`t worth porting the Format Converter - particularly as NEF will be much better (more accurate and consistent with less loss of information).

Vicky