Project data lost?

Hi,

I have a .ccpn project (v. 3.1.1) that was full of data.
When we open it again, none of the spectra appears.
By looking at the project size, it clearly looks that there is some info in there (34MB).
Could I send you the project and data and let me know what is happening?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

it depends what you definition of “data” is.

Sometimes the contours of your spectra won’t be drawn, if the paths to the spectrum files are incorrect. You can always go to Spectrum / Validate Paths (VP for short) and check them (they’ll be red if they are wrong) and correct them if necessary (they will turn green as soon as they point to valid file).

This is a slightly separate issue from the actual data not being in the project - that would mean that the sidebar is totally empty with nothing in it. When you expand Spectra or other parts of the sidebar do you see anything?

So perhaps worth checking whether the issue is that you can’t see the contours, or whether you can’t see any items in the sidebar. If you send us the project, we can obviously check whether there is data in the project in terms of items in the sidebar (we’re also happy to look through the actual xml files and see what is going on there). But it’s much harder for us to check the spectrum contours/files unless you send us those as well (which is usually rather a lot of data).

Vicky

It is actually the second case: nothing appears in the sidebar. We can also send the actual data, if needed.

Can you facilitate me an email to send the .ccpn? Do you also need the spectra files?

Hi,

do send us the project - simply zip the .ccpn directory and then send it to support@ccpn.ac.uk . We’ll take a look at things and then let you know if you we need the spectra, too.

Vicky

1 Like

In the end this issue turned out to be down to some spectra being in a folder/path which used a non-standard character. Once this character was removed in the .xml file the project could be opened again (though the spectrum paths then needed to be changed to something using only standard characters, of course).

Vicky