protein sequence assignment : sequence location problem

Hi CcpNMR team,

I have a problem in 2.5.2 version. Although I have not assign all residues sequentially in protein sequence assignment: spin system table : Sequence Locations : All the residues are in purple color indicating that the residues are assigned.

I am not sure how it happened and how to solve this.

I have attached the screenshot.

Thanks !

Hi,

unfortunately, the screenshot doesn`t seem to be visible, so it`s hard to know exactly what is going on. But in principle the Sequence locations are just suggestions for assignments. And to be honest, I often find that these are not very good. Often many other locations are rated much higher than the real location. And you might therefore find that it is offering you lots of assigned portions but the not the real, unassigned one. If you want to check what is assigned and what isn`t, I usually use the Molecule / Atom Browser or you can use Chart / Assignment Graph. Those will probably give you a more accurate picture what is assigned and what isn`t and it will be easier to match things up. In V2 I usually find that it is better to match sequential stretches to the sequence by hand than using the program`s suggestions.

Best wishes,
Vicky

(01-24-2021, 06:23 pm)VickyH Wrote: Hi,

unfortunately, the screenshot doesn`t seem to be visible, so it`s hard to know exactly what is going on. But in principle the Sequence locations are just suggestions for assignments. And to be honest, I often find that these are not very good. Often many other locations are rated much higher than the real location. And you might therefore find that it is offering you lots of assigned portions but the not the real, unassigned one. If you want to check what is assigned and what isn`t, I usually use the Molecule / Atom Browser or you can use Chart / Assignment Graph. Those will probably give you a more accurate picture what is assigned and what isn`t and it will be easier to match things up. In V2 I usually find that it is better to match sequential stretches to the sequence by hand than using the program`s suggestions.

Best wishes,
Vicky

Yes, I look the assignment graph too. Program suggestion is sometimes useful.
Anyways I have attached the screenshot again. Just for information.

Thanks Vicky !