Strip plot extract for paper

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find an optimized way to extract my backbone walk data, such as the figure I have attached here. When I try to get specific region using analysisassigne exported pdf files are not matching to each other

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner.
What I would really love to be able to do in this situation is write a macro to create plots like this, but unfortunately, the printing doesn’t yet have a proper API for us to be able to do this.

So for now you need to plot each strip separately (which is how I have always done these sorts of figures). I would use print dialog in the following way:

The key thing is to use the override region and I always use the Centre/Width option for this kind of plot. That way it is really easy to make sure all your strips are the same across the X-axis. Then make sure you always use the same y-axis width and have the y-axis centre where your peak is.

For the Scaling it’s best to do this manually using e.g. the cm/unit setting.

And on the actual plots you probably need very little other than the Spectrum Contours, Plot Border and Axis Marks.

I then save these in SVG format and use a graphics program (I use Inkscape, but Illustrator or Corel Draw would work, too) where I import all the individual strips and then align them, add all the annotations etc. Things like the little break lines in the axes you’ll have to do manually.

When trying this out, it looked to me as though the mark placing on the y-axis wasn’t really working properly, so I’ll make sure we check on that. Though if you know where the middle of your plot is, you can add that sort of thing by hand in your graphics program if need be.

Let us know if there are any particular issues you come across that you think we need to fix or improve.

Vicky

Thank you Vicky as you always are supportive!
You dont have to be sorry, that’s no problem; I did kind of the same apptoach which took me about whole day.

I would like to know how macro writing is working for other aspects than just for strip plotting. I saw always expert people talking about it, but I was a little shy to ask. If you have any useful material to start with, would be great

Regards
Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

you can find out about Macro writing using our Macro Writing tutorial at Tutorials - CCPN - Collaborative Computing Project for NMR.

This assumes very little prior knowledge, so it should be accessible even to people with fairly limited experience of coding with Python. It provides a number of exercises and examples and you should be able to work through it in your own time. If you do have any questions, then just get in touch. You’ll see on the Macros part of the Forum that people often ask for help and advice and you might pick up some useful things from there, too.

We’re also in the process of preparing a new tutorial which will introduce how to include some graphics in the form of pop-ups. But it will probably be another month or so till that is done.

Vicky

Thanks so much
Ill have a look into it
Regards
Sajjad

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@uoguelph.ca.

VickyH
24 August

Hi Sajjad,

you can find out about Macro writing using our Macro Writing tutorial at Tutorials - CCPN - Collaborative Computing Project for NMR.

This assumes very little prior knowledge, so it should be accessible even to people with fairly limited experience of coding with Python. It provides a number of exercises and examples and you should be able to work through it in your own time. If you do have any questions, then just get in touch. You’ll see on the Macros part of the Forum that people often ask for help and advice and you might pick up some useful things from there, too.

We’re also in the process of preparing a new tutorial which will introduce how to include some graphics in the form of pop-ups. But it will probably be another month or so till that is done.

Vicky