Ubuntu22.04 and ccp3.1.0

Hello,

I have installed ccp3.1.0 on my new updated Ubuntu system 22.04.
Unfortunately, when I start ccpnmr3.1.0/bin/assign, i have an error message
The error message concern Glut font.
File “/home/simorre/Software/ccpnmr3.1.0/src/python/ccpn/ui/gui/lib/OpenGL/init.py”, line 44, in
from OpenGL import GL, GLU, GLUT
File “/home/simorre/Software/ccpnmr3.1.0/miniconda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/OpenGL/GLUT/init.py”, line 5, in
from OpenGL.GLUT.fonts import *
File “/home/simorre/Software/ccpnmr3.1.0/miniconda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/OpenGL/GLUT/fonts.py”, line 20, in
p = platform.getGLUTFontPointer( name )
File “/home/simorre/Software/ccpnmr3.1.0/miniconda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/OpenGL/platform/baseplatform.py”, line 350, in getGLUTFontPointer
raise NotImplementedError(
NotImplementedError: Platform does not define a GLUT font retrieval function

Any idea to help me ?
Sincerely,
JP

Perhaps glut is not installed on your system? Try

sudo apt-get install freeglut3

in a terminal.

Thanks for the idea but Glut was already installed.
Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree… Done Reading state information… Done
freeglut3 is already the newest version (2.8.1-6).
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 2 not to upgrade.
I still have the same error message with ccpnmr3.1.0
JP

That would have been too easy! Maybe try

echo $PYOPENGL_PLATFORM

and if it is not set, set it with

export PYOPENGL_PLATFORM=egl

in the shell that you run assign from.

Still too easy :) Platform is already set to egl …
echo $PYOPENGL_PLATFORM answers egl
JP

Hi JP,

it looks like we are going to have try and make a dedicated Ubuntu 22.04 release. We’ll try and get that done over the coming week.

Best wishes,

Vicky

have you tried export PYOPENGL_PLATFORM=osmesa ?

it may not work as fast but it may work, of course it may not as well…

from https://github.com/MPI-IS/mesh/issues/49

regards
Gary

other possible values are posix and clx

nice and thank you ! ccpnm3.1.0 start on ubuntu22.04 with PYOPENGL_PLATFORM=posix !

BUT now ccpnmr3.1 shows the same problem as other ccp versions 3 on ubuntu22.04. I can’t get the spectrum display. The display module freezes while everything was working in Ubuntu18.

Software blocks after the message in the terminal :
application.loadData(’/home/simorre/JPS/peptidoglycan/Stkp/data_2022/JMD_7TE_1114/3/pdata/1/2rr’)
get(‘GD:2D_HN’).displaySpectrum(spectrum=‘SP:2-1’)

and then nothing happens

Note that at the start of the program, I have this type of message

"libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I have checked, but libgl-gist is correctly installed.
Maybe Vicky if you have time to design a dedicated Ubuntu 22 version , I will wait for this version.

Cheers and thanks to both of you for your help
JP

Hi JP,

the Ubuntu 22 Version is now available at https://www.ccpn.ac.uk/download/3.1.0/ccpnmr3.1.0Ubuntu22.04Academic.zip

Hopefully this will work for you now.

Vicky

Hi vicky,

This is great ! I am out of town and without my Linux machine. I will try friday to install your version and I will let you know if it works.
Adrien Favier will also try since he was waiting for this version to upgrade his system.
Thanks a lot for your help !

JP