V3 on windows 10

Hi,

I have just got a new windows 10 laptop so I downloaded V3 this week to try it out. I am slowly getting to grips with it but the main issue is speed. When you pick the peaks in a HSQC (~150-200 peaks) the program hangs and it is in the lap of the gods whether it then crashes or comes back to life after 5 or 10 mins.

Is there any way to get round this issue other than switch to a different operating system?

thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Hmmm... sounds tricky.
Have you installed all the updates (go to Help / Check for Updates...)? I know there were some Windows related updates recently which for some people was making the difference between the programme crashing or not. In that case it seemed to be dependent on the users graphics card. So there could be all sorts of weird things that affect you, but not other users.

If it crashes, do you get any kind of message? If you are picking 150-200 peaks, I would certainly expect it to think for a short time, but not more than 5-10 seconds (rather than minutes!).

Best wishes,

Vicky

Hi Ken,

It would be great if you could send us error message you get in the console. To make sure Command Prompt stays open after AnalysisAssign crashes, you need to open Command Prompt first, drag and drop the `assign` file from `bat` folder in your Ccpn distribution. Once you press `Enter` Analysis will start as normal, but the Command Prompt will not close automatically when the program quits.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Eliza

Hi Vicky, Eliza,

thanks for the reply. I did the updates and I have picked peaks twice and it has not crashed! It took about 1-2mins but it got there. My colleague has been doing some assignments with CCPN but it was crashing too often so she has gone back to SPARKY! I will pass on the info about the console and see if she can get some error messages for you.
I will no doubt have some more queries. Did you see the one about NMR atom setting in the CSP module! You need H = 1 and N = 0.14 but you are only allowed 1 decimal place!

thanks,
Ken